Hi David,
After reading your essay, here are some comments that I have.
First paragraph, why the world is reexporing the concept of Nuclear power? I though Nuclear powers have been long used. Are you refering to create new ways to run Nuclear power safely?
Second paragraph, "More research in fuel performance and high temperature and corrosion resistant materials (like fiber-reinforced ceramics or composite materials, and zirconium-carbide fuel coatings.) is needed." Why you have 2 fullstop?
I am confused in your paragraph two. How many reactors are you talking about? Are you making a comparism of VHTR and SCWR?
Conculsion paragraph, is done well. You have made a clear stand to what to select.
In general, you have listed down those important points to support your argument. May I suggest that you should split 2 paragraph when comparing.
Thank you.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks Koh for the comments.
ReplyDeleteFirst paragraph, why the world is reexporing the concept of Nuclear power? I though Nuclear powers have been long used. Are you refering to create new ways to run Nuclear power safely?
Reply: Yes, I was trying to emphasis that the world is looking for better ways to run nuclear power more safely.
Second paragraph, "More research in fuel performance and high temperature and corrosion resistant materials (like fiber-reinforced ceramics or composite materials, and zirconium-carbide fuel coatings.) is needed." Why you have 2 fullstop?
Reply: Small typo error. I will amend it.
I am confused in your paragraph two. How many reactors are you talking about? Are you making a comparism of VHTR and SCWR?
Reply: I am trying to say that although VHTR is relatively cheaper than SCWR, VHTR is still new concept compared to SCWR. Hence, SCWR is safe and cheap. On hindsight, I think I will amend the topic sentence of this paragraph to make it more coherent.
May I suggest that you should split 2 paragraph when comparing.
Reply: I will split them and add some transition sentences between them.